Friday, June 5, 2015

Real life??

This is my Blog for us parents out there who work hard every day, who struggle with real life stuff, who aren't perfect and yet continue to strive for that perfection is not attainable in real life.

For example- my google name has been changed by my son to Zekeiscrazy- Gaming and Vlogs, in the hopes that he will eventually become one of these "famous YouTubers". I found this out when my brother called me and asked me who Zeke was. Awesome. I went to change it back to my name, just to find out that I don't have that option because it's been too soon since my last name change.  So, you can now call me Zeke. 😏

Real Life is a daily struggle, and every single one of us does the best we can to manage. So here's a shout out to all of us. 

I am a single mom who works full time. Shout out to all full time working single parents! You get Real Life in your first cup of coffee every morning (and then your second, and your third...). 

My children have all kinds of issues. Shout out to parents of children with disabilities and mental health troubles! Real Life sticks it's ugly, warty nose in your business daily but you grab that damn nose by the nostrils and put it in its place. 

I have step children. Yes, I know, I'm single... It's a long story. But a huge shout out to step parents whose step children give you yet another dose of Real Life... You have chosen to be a parent to a child who is not your own, and despite how they may react, the fact that you care about them anyway is saying a lot. 

I have foster children, think I'm nuts yet? Shout out to foster parents who go above and beyond Real Life to give kids a safe and (sort of, hopefully) healthy environment. 

My Real Life Mantra...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

(And grant me enough coffee to wake up enough to not be late for my next meeting...) 


No comments:

Post a Comment